Tuesday, January 17, 2012

REWIND: Winnie Baduel - Jan 17, 2012

Winnie came to town.

Winnie and her brother Vincent are my friends from the University of  the Philipppines (UP) Math Club.  Vincent now lives in the Bay Area (San Ramon) and I see him at least twice a year.  Meanwhile, Winnie lives in San Antonio, and I haven't seen her since I left UP in 1972.  She hadn't come to the Bay Area in the past 3 years, but suddenly had to come pay her cancer-stricken friend in San Francisco a visit last January. 

Though I really wanted to see Winnie, I didn't think it was possible this time.  It was because I was leaving for Las Vegas on the morning after her arrival.  But, thank goodness, Vincent drove her straight from the Oakland airport to a restaurant here in Union City.

It was good catching up with Winnie.  I gave her and Vincent the UP T-shirts that Marvin sent through me.  I also asked Winnie to take a T-shirt to give to Dulce Ramos whom she was planning to see that weekend.

 Vincent, Winnie, Chris, me after dinner at Thai Kitchen

 
Brother and sister




No comments:

Post a Comment