Saturday, July 7, 2012

Alex Serrano - Chopin's Fantaisie-Impromptu

I am a fan of my friend Alex Serrano's piano skills.  In the past 3 years, he has given me some recordings -- of him playing some pieces, using a video camera to record -- which I think are so good that I actually posted them on my own youtube account.  And absolutely, they are good enough to move complete strangers to leaving unsolicited compliments on the site for him.

So can anyone blame me if I continue to request Alex to play some more?  He plays when the spirit moves him, he knows he'll always be able to play a tune when he wants to, he does not need a recording.  But that's not true for us, mere admirers.  We need a recording to listen to.  I know Alex plays all the time, at home and at parties.  He loves it.  But to actually set up the camera before sitting down at the keyboard, I know that's not particularly appealing.   So he needs a little nudging sometimes.

Gently nudge him again I did, earlier this week.  And what a great morning surprise it was when I woke up to a few text messages from Alex today!  Saying he has recorded my latest request, Chopin's Fantaisie-Impromptu.  Here it is:



Thank you, Alex, my brilliant friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment