Monday, July 9, 2012

Union City - 2012 Onwards

I haven't been out and about in Union City lately.  It's been at least 7 years since I had to drive any of my children to school or to a friend's house or to a ball game in the park.  Nowadays, I take my hour-long walks around my neighborhood and I do some shopping in the local stores, but that's about the extent of my Union City experience.

This city used to be a big part of my world.  I kept track of school district policies, housing developments, community events, and politics for years when my children were growing up.  Now I prefer to spend my free days away -- exploring the city of San Francisco, for instance -- and whenever I come back to Union City at the end of the day, I seem to taste a certain blandness in it.

But that's not being fair.  All suburban towns pale when compared to San Francisco of course.  Even other major cities in the world can't hold a candle to San Francisco.

So I have decided to look at Union City in new light.  This is, after all, my children's hometown.  It's safe and beautiful, and its citizens are civic-minded.  Many  improvements have been made since I last took notice, and I really was surprised to see the Union City Bart Station's new look last month.  I took some pictures then.

Earlier, in May, when I had gone to the nearby post office branch, I made it a point to take pictures of the surroundings too.

I have hence put those pictures in a Facebook photo album.  And I plan to add more in the future.


Here's the album:  Union City


No comments:

Post a Comment